DjembeQueen's Blogger Blog

The Life & Times of DjembeQueen as I start another Blogging expedition This blog is more of the web as I come across websites & online articles which I like & want others to know about with some comments of my own

Monday, November 27, 2006

FW: [marriagerestoration] Doreen's Daily Delights - Nov 22 - Lean NOT On Your Own Understanding

There is a lot of questioning going on

as to whether to continue to “Stand” or just give up & move on

so I thought that I’d pass this along to give some inspiration

as well as some food for thought

When we question the wisdom of continuing our Stand

or doing as our families & friends say to just move on since our spouse has walked away

we are in fact saying the God isn’t strong enough

to beat Satan or the world or the other person who has caused our spouses to walk away

or the “mental disease” of midlife crisis

We’ll only have peace when we’re able to truly let go

& let God do His work in His way & in His time

without interference from our meddling or questioning His wisdom in our lives

so that when the time comes for restoration

we’ll be able to be there for our spouses –

how many marriages would’ve been restored

had not the 1st spouse just waited while God was at work

rather than turning to the world & moving on to a new husband or wife?

-----Original Message-----
From: marriagerestoration@yahoogroups.com [mailto:marriagerestoration@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of marriagerestoration
Sent:
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:12 AM
To: marriagerestoration@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [marriagerestoration] Doreen's Daily Delights - Nov 22 - Lean NOT On Your Own Understanding

Lean Not On Your Own Understanding

Every day we face decisions about whom we will trust, believe in and
obey. Each day we are called to lift our hearts to God and let Him
strengthen us and transform us into the person He wants us to be. We
can stand firm with confidence knowing that through God's mercy, He
will see us through the battle waging over our families.

A long time ago, I told you a story about three ladies I know whose
husbands left them to live in sin. This happened long before the
inception of this Ministry. I spoke to them a few years ago to find
out if their husbands returned. I want to let you know that
eventually all three husbands returned. Not one or two, but ALL
THREE husbands eventually returned home. I know these people
personally. Also, at the time, these ladies were not Christians, and
they did not even pray for restoration. Did you hear that? THEY DID
NOT EVEN PRAY FOR RESTORATION! Yet, it still happened. That, my
friends, is proof that God intended one man to be with one woman for
life!


Why am I telling you this? We need to wait on God. We cannot set a
timetable or schedule for God. While your spouses are away, God is
doing a work in you and He is also working on their hearts. More
often than not these prodigals are broken and repentant when they
return.

We need to be faithful to God and wait for healing and restoration
without complaining. We need to take God at His Word, and allow Him
to work through us. We join the multitude of saints joyfully
celebrating victory around God's throne! God will not let us be
defeated. Families are being destroyed due to lack of faith. The
battle is not over until you give up. DO NOT GIVE UP! Many
ask, "How long will it take for my marriage to be healed? I am weary
and can no longer wait." God will take as much time as it takes to
transform you and your spouse into whom He would have you to be. As
I have said before, for some, this transformation can happen in a
matter of weeks. For others, it will take a much longer time for God
to complete His work. The key is making a commitment to trust God no
matter how long it takes! God does not give up on His children, why
are we so quick to give up on God?

"This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged
because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.'"
(2 Chronicles 20:15).

God is fighting the battle for our marriage! Our task during this
period of waiting is to be faithful to God, standing firm in
obedience to His call. We are to worship and praise God, thanking
Him for the victory. We are not to get in God's way by trying to
manipulate our spouses home. Actions such as this do nothing but
prolong the battle. Stand back and let God fight the battle for your
home!

"'You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions;
stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you. Do not be
afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them and the Lord will
be with you.'" (2 Chronicles 20:17).

God is speaking directly to you in His Word. Why is it so hard to
believe Him? Why is it so hard to trust the salvation of our marriage
to the Lord? Look at the promises God has given us in just one verse
in His Word.

"You will not have to fight this battle!"

"Stand firm!"

"See the deliverance the Lord will give you!"

"Do not be afraid!"

"Do not be discouraged!"

"The Lord will be with you!"

Where else can you find promises such as these? We certainly cannot
find them in the world! When will we stop trusting in ourselves and
start trusting in God, who alone can bring healing and restoration to
our marriage?

"Who is the King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord
mighty in battle." (Psalm 24:8).

Start today believing and trusting God for the healing and
restoration of your marriage. Pray the following Psalms. May they
encourage you to stand firm in the faith. Our God is fighting the
battle for your marriage and He will not be defeated!

"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God."
(Psalm 25:1).

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your
truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you
all day long." (Psalm 25:4-5).

"Good and upright is the Lord; therefore He instructs sinners in His
ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way.
All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep
the commands of His covenant." (Psalm 25:8-10).

"Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in
the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his
descendants will inherit the land." (Psalm 25:12-13).

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The
troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish."
(Psalm 25:16-17).

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in
you." (Psalm 25:21).

"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord
is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?"
(Psalm 27:1).

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell
in the house of the Lord all the days of my life." (Psalm 27:4).

"Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For His
anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping
may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."
(Psalm 30:4-5).

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in
the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:13-14).

Be encouraged

Pastor Doreen

__._,_.___

.



__,_._,___

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home